Sunday, February 15, 2009

Summer Camp!

Hey all, we're in Merakotla (I think this is how it's spelled) which is in the Punjab state. It feels a bit like home as it's a small town and there are lots of fields everywhere. Yesterday we visited a garden full of flowers that were just starting to bud. I wish we could have seen it in a few weeks when all the blooms would have been full. We also visited a school and a cardiology hospital. Today the team went to the Golden Temple. Unfortunately, I was not able to go as I was quite sick. I needed a day off, so while everyone else was driving for eight hours and seeing the sights, I was sleeping, reading, and sleeping. But I'm better and anxious to look at all the photos!

Speaking of photos, I would love to post some, but we are having some technology issues. Our laptop no longer works, so everything is a bit more difficult. But we'll try to get some more up soon!

Here, instead of being split up, we are all staying together, which is a bit like summer camp. We love all being together...which is a serious blessing! We head out tomorrow and hopefully we'll have some time to get some more posts out.

1 comment:

Ernie said...

Janie: Thanks for the update. Sounds like you are having a real adventure in the mode of "The Grand Tour" of yore! Can't wait to hear your stories in person a month from now at The Homestead.
Take care and say hello to the rest of the team.